9 Reasons folks Anticipate RIOTS if Trayvon Martin Verdict is UNJUST
When it comes to JUSTICE in the Black community, the culture is often times robbed of equality. Although our United Nation has come a long way, it’s certainly clear that racism is still alive AND unclear if it will ever vanish. None of us will ever forget the history of a culture set up to fail but have always over-prevailed. Beyond acts of prejudices, the Black culture ongoing concern is JUSTICE.
During this critical time in the Black community we are focused on the verdict of the #Justice4Trayvon case. While some are worried that Zimmerman will walk free or sentenced to some ridiculously low charge, others are concerned that if this happens, the Nation will experience a series of Race riots. It’s clear that violent activity is discouraged no matter the outcome, but one things for sure, there are certain events in Black history that makes the culture cringe, disgusted about injustice.
9 REASONS THE NATION FEARS RIOTS IF UNJUST RULES
1. So what if it’s been over 300 years. SLAVERY is the foundation of Black Injustice.
2. The August 1955 beating of our brother EMMETT TILL remains in the back of our heads.
3. DR. KING’s ongoing fight for justice gave us unyielding hope and James Early Ray couldn’t stand it.
4. This time the Black man that was beaten by law enforcement was named RODNEY KING and of course the perpetrators mandated freedom.
5. TROY DAVIS is dead even after it was proven that he was wrongfully accused, yet rejected plea of death row.
6. SEAN BELL will never be able to marry as he was supposed to before being fatally shot by NYPD cops.
7. Why is Marissa Alexander serving 20 years in prison for firing a warning shot in the presence of her abusive boyfriend and Zimmerman had the option to post bail after killing Martin.
8. Horizon Science Academy in Ohio thought it was okay to tell our beautiful Black children that afro-puffs and braids were against school policy.
9. And yup, some of us are still pissed that Paula Deen wants to plan plantation style weddings, demands Blacks to use the back door, and think that there’s nothing wrong with using the N-word.