At least 73 people were shot over Fourth of July weekend in Chicago.
11 were killed, and at least 62 people wounded between Thursday and Sunday night.
The bloodiest incident saw 1 person killed and 7 wounded in a shooting in East Garfield Park.
• In the single bloodiest incident, one person was killed and seven wounded in an East Garfield Park shooting Saturday evening.
• They joined 12 other people shot Friday night and early Saturday, including one fatally.
• Among the two killed and 17 wounded Thursday night and early Friday were 5-year-old and 7-year-old boys shot in South Side parks. Both boys were recovering from their wounds.
• Earlier Thursday, 3 people were killed and 4 wounded in shootings citywide.
• They joined the three killed and 13 wounded Wednesday as the long holiday weekend started.
Horrific. Our thoughts and prayers are with all those impacted by this senseless violence.