Atlanta Teen Recieves Heart Transplant After Initially Being Denied Due to “History of Non-Compliance”
15-year old Anthony Stokes – the Atlanta teen who was initially denied a heart transplant because of a history of “non-compliance” – has reportedly received the heart transplant he desperately needed.
Stokes’ initial denial caused a firestorm of controversy.
After a widespread backlash, the hospital changed its mind and placed him at the top of the list.
“I know he will comply with all the rules,” a crying Hamilton told ABC News last week, before she learned that doctors had reversed their decision and would put Anthony on the transplant list. “He will take his medicine because he knows that is how he has to live.”
“He was just fighting,” Hamilton said. “Trying to take up, just trying to take up for his brother because somebody was bullying his brother.”
Stokes received a heart transplant Tuesday, a family spokesman told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. He was in the intensive care unit of Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Wednesday, the hospital said.
This young man is truly lucky to have received this life-saving procedure so soon.
A blessing for him and his family.
Thoughts on this story?
Are you glad to hear that this young man will live?
Sound off below!