Open Society Foundations and Echoing Green have teamed up to offer the Open Society Black Male Achievement (BMA) Fellowship for young black males. The fellowship seeks to improve the life outcomes of black men and boys in America.
The 2014 BMA Fellowship will be awarded to individuals or partners representing up to eight organizations. Winners of the award will receive the following:
- A stipend of $70,000
- A health insurance stipend
- A yearly professional development stipend
- Leadership development and networking gatherings
- Access to technical support and pro bono partnerships to help grow their organization and a dedicated Echoing Green portfolio manager
- A community of like-minded social entrepreneurs and public service leaders, including Open Society Foundations and the Echoing Green network of nearly 600 Fellows at Large working all over the world
The fellowship program is the first of its kind in the world for social entrepreneurs who are starting up new and innovative organizations in the field of black male achievement.
All applications must be completed by January 6, 2014 at 11:59 A.M. EST.