Miami Dolphins offensive tackle Jonathan Martin will not return to the NFL for the rest of the league’s season.
Martin left the team in October after accusing teammates of violently harassing him.
The National Football League team Saturday said Martin had been placed on the “reserve/non-football illness” list, making him ineligible to return until next season.
Martin’s attorney has said Martin, a tackle, was taunted and abused by teammates, one of whom physically attacked him.
Dophins lineman Richie Incognito was accused of using racially charged epithets against Martin in text messages and voice mails. He has been suspended pending an investigation by the league and franchise.
Incognito said that Martin is his friend, and the exchange was part of “locker room culture.” He is currently appealing his suspension in hopes of getting back on the field.
Thoughts on Martin not returning to the field?
Is this incident getting out of hand, or are officials taking the appropriate actions?
Sound off below!