Many of us are excited about the upcoming sequel to the cult classic The Best Man.
Not only can we look forward to seeing The Best Man Holiday this fall, but a select group of students will have the movie to thank for some scholarship money.
Jet magazine, along with NBC Universal and the Thurgood Marshall Fund have teamed up to give away a few scholarships in conjunction with the movie’s release.
Interested students should meet the following requirements:
- Be currently enrolled full time at an accredited United States college or university
- Have a current grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Be a citizen of the United States
Applicants must also submit the following documents for consideration:
- Essay: in a minimum of 350 words addressing the following: Describe a reunion moment with your friends or family that could be a scene from a movie.
- Resume (include community service, leadership and employment/internship experience)
- College Transcript (official or unofficial accepted)
The scholarship is $1750 and will be awarded for the Spring 2014 semester. Interested students must submit their application and all materials no later than October 15.
What a great way to reintroduce a classic cast while helping out students of color.
Thoughts on the news?
Sound off below!